Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pasta Fagoli soup sans pasta

So this recipe originated at Gina's Weight Watchers website. I didn't have any onions, so I substituted chives, I also didn't have oregano or parsley, but I had fresh basil.

Start with your ingredients -

Heat some olive oil in a deep pot ans saute you onion (or equivalent!) and garlic for a few minutes.

Next, blend one can of Cannelini beans with some water until smooth. Then add that mixture to the garlic and onions.

MMMMMMM....

Then add the celery, carrot, tomatoes, herbs and chicken broth. A little s & p to taste and let that simmer for about 30 minutes.

We randomly have 4 hot peppers sitting on the counter. They are not going to make it much longer, so I figured I would throw one in whole. I let it simmer with all the veggies. I think I can taste a very small bite of heat...

At this point, you would add 1 & 1/2 cups of pasta. I'm trying to go light with the carbs, so I just left it out. The soup is definitely not as thick or creamy, but it's still tasty! Try it tonight! It didn't take more than an hour to put the whole thing together. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment